Sunday, December 9, 2007

Online MTT...What Fun!



My experience with online poker thus far has been very limited. I tried a few different types of cash games, but never really did well, and honestly didn't really apply myself. I enjoy live poker so much, and I am lucky enough to live in Vegas, so I've never really felt the need to play online. Until lately. I have to admit that the lure of tournaments is starting to suck me in. The internet is such an efficient way to gain lots of tournament experience in a very short time. I consider myself a true student of the game in all regards and I strive constantly to improve myself as a cash player. If I want to branch out into tournament play, what better gateway than playing online?

The first night I played online, I entered six tournaments and didn't cash in any of them. The next night, I cashed high enough to pay for my entries, but basically broke even. The third night, I made around $200 total and then last night, I entered five tournaments, moneyed in four out of five, and placed third in the $11,500 guarantee. That netted me about $1400 for the night. Not a bad start to my online tourney career.

That having been said, I know that I have a lot to learn and a long way to go. I am really having fun, but I also recognize that tournaments are going to be a very big new challenge for me and that they can also be extremely frustrating. Working for hours to get yourself in a great position only to be sucked out on for all of your chips by some random donkey is extremely annoying. Time will tell whether I will have the skills or patience for this type of play.

Until then...watch out for BricktopUS on Full Tilt...I'll be donking it up at a table near you!

No comments: