Sunday, July 6, 2008

My First Big Money Tourney Online

As I have watched my stats progress on officialpokerrankings.com, I have realized that I money between 40% and 50% of the time in every HORSE tournament I play. After a couple of months of observing this, it finally occured to me (genius that I am) that I ought to see if there are any larger HORSE tourneys available online (bigger buy-ins than the daily for $26...and hence, bigger pay outs.) I found that on Sundays Full Tilt runs a $200 buy-in HORSE. I have to admit...I was a little skittish. $26 to $200...that's a big jump. I decided to play two $10 satellites in the afternoon and see if I could win my way in. On the first one, I fell out rather early, but on the second I made it to 3rd place. The only problem? They only gave seats for the first 2 places. So I was stuck with a measley $24. I was so annoyed that I decided to enter the $200 event anyway.

Good thing I did. Even after my aces were cracked in Hold 'Em by A 4 off suit with two tables to go, I still ended up making the final table and finishing 6th. I was disappointed because by the time I made it that far I was obviously hoping to win and take home that beautiful prize that topped $10K, but all-in-all I really can't complain. My first "major" buy-in tourney online resulted in a final table cash. And I took home just under $1500 for my efforts. Not too shabby for a night spent on my couch in shorts and a t-shirt. (My lucky shirt actually. Which is not to say that it is lucky, only that it has a picture of the Lucky Charms lepruchan on it and it actually says "Lucky" on the front. So it is, by definition, my lucky shirt.)

It should also be mentioned that Fourth of July was fun. I met Chisum in Mesquite and we ripped up the 4-8 Omaha game. After we played for a few hours we went to eat at the steak house and catch the fireworks. As we were racking up (I tripled my buy-in and he doubled his), Chisum turned to me and said, "Look...no one can understand how the drunk donkeys are leaving with all the chips." I love playing drunk donkey! Especially in Omaha...so fun.

Until next time...may all your gambles pay off!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://exofyqum.kogaryu.com/itumik.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real money.
It's all about how to choose a correct partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the profit with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]