Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Bucket List

I went this evening to see "The Bucket List." If you're looking for a fast paced movie that will make you either laugh or sit tensely on the edge of your seat, then I wouldn't pick this one, but if you want to see something that will make you think, and cry a little, and feel just a little more grateful to be alive than when you went in, then I'd definitely check it out. The movie centers around two men who discover on the same day that they have terminal cancer and only months to live. They embark on a mission to experience life in a way that they never have before they die.

As I was watching, I couldn't help but wonder how many people on this planet will come anywhere close to crossing off all the things on their list before they die. Even sadder, how many people don't have a "bucket list" at all? How many people just sort of float through this life without bothering to consider what it is that they really hope to accomplish or experience before they leave this world?

I decided that I need to write my own bucket list. Maybe it's something everyone should do. I'm going to start mine and post it on the blog, where I can add to it as things come to mind. I encourage anyone else who reads this to consider starting a list of their own. We owe ourselves that much in life don't we?

Until next time...call someone you love and remind them that you're happy they're in your life!

No comments: